Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) Certificate Program (Online)
Degree Requirements: 15 Credit Hours (Online)
The ERP Certificate program consists of five 3-credit hour graduate-level CISM courses, all of which will be delivered online. Students completing the ERP Certificate Program have the opportunity to attend a TERP10-SAP Academy on campus.
The ERP Certificate program is a lock-step program and admitted students are assigned to a cohort for which there will be prescribed courses. Students in the ERP Certificate program who enter other graduate programs at the university, such as the MBA, MAcc, and MS in Applied Engineering may be able to use some or all of the ERP Certificate courses to satisfy degree requirements.
The ERP Certificate Program focuses on the knowledge and skills students need for careers in organizations that rely on ERP systems to support key business processes. Students in the program will receive a solid, applied enterprise systems educational experience and will exit the program with a realistic overview of ERP systems and hands-on experience using SAP.
The ERP Certificate program is also designed to assist students preparing for and passing SAP’s TERP10 certification exam. Students who pass the certification test will be listed in SAP’s database of certified business practitioners. The TERP10 certification is recognized worldwide and a continuing global shortage of skilled SAP workers will enable students who earn the ERP Certificate to compete for a wide range of jobs.
Admission to the ERP Certificate program is competitive. The ERP Certificate program’s admission committee reviews applications on an individual basis looking at both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the applicant’s academic background and professional experience (if applicable). The committee seeks to assess each applicant’s potential for academic success in an online graduate program based on the following:
- Admission to the Georgia Southern University College of Graduate Studies as a Non-Degree Certificate student. This requires the following:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a college accredited by the proper regional association with a 2.7 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on undergraduate work.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate, if appropriate, transcripts.
- An updated resume that includes the following:
- Work history,
- Education history,
- Professional experiences related to the academic program, and
- Contact information for a minimum of three references.
- A personal statement that includes a description of career goals and reasons for applying to the graduate ERP Certificate program.
- Students whose first language is not English and who have not studied extensively in English must submit official TOEFL scores. TOEFL scores of at least 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based) are required for admission to the ERP Certificate program. TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Georgia Southern University.
- Students who are not U.S. citizens must provide a photocopy of their VISA or permanent resident alien cards and satisfy all other admission requirements specified by COGS for international students.
- Students interested in applying course credit earned while completing the ERP Certificate toward the requirements for an MBA, MAcc, or MS in Applied Engineering degree must also satisfy the admission requirements for that degree program.
NOTE: Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for other admission related information.
Students who wish to appeal an admission decision must follow the College of Graduate Studies appeal procedures.
Graduate Transfer or Transient Credit
Due to the lock-step nature of the program, credit hour will not be granted for courses taken outside of the ERP Certificate program.
Program of Study
Students accepted to the program must have previous accounting experience or related coursework. Prospective students without accounting experience or related coursework can take Accounting and Control (ACCT 6130) or its undergraduate equivalent, Survey of Accounting (ACCT 2030), prior to Fall Semester.
|CISM 7231||ERP Business Process Analysis Using SAP||3|
|CISM 7331||Enterprise Systems Analysis||3|
|CISM 7335||Business Intelligence and Performance Management Systems||3|
|CISM 7339||ERP Certification Review||3|
|Select one of the following Prescribed Electives will be scheduled for each cohort:||3|
|ERP Customization for SAP|
|Enterprise Information Systems|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
College of Business Administration
Office of Graduate Programs
P.O. Box 8050
Statesboro, GA 30460
FAX: (912) 478-7480