Higher Education Administration M.Ed.
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Present official report of scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). The GRE is recommended for those considering applying to the Ed.D. program in the future.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 250 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) credits of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
|Professional Education Core Requirements|
|EDUF 7130||Learning Theories and Applications||3|
|EDUR 7130||Educational Research||3|
|ITEC 7539||Technology for Higher Education Leaders||3|
|Higher Education Administration Core|
|COUN 7132||Contemporary College Student||3|
|EDLD 7430||American Higher Education||3|
|EDLD 7431||Higher Education Administration||3|
|EDLD 7432||History of American Higher Education||3|
|EDLD 8431||Higher Education Law||3|
|EDLD 8735||Higher Education Practicum (Must be taken in final semester)||3|
|Specialized Content Courses|
|Select three of the following in consultation with advisor||9|
|Student Affairs in Higher Education|
|Administration and Leadership in Higher Education Student Services|
|Ethical and Professional Issues in Student Services|
|Higher Education Finance|
|Higher Education Governance|
|The Community College|
|Politics of Higher Education|
|Instructional Technology Foundations|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Other Program Requirements
- Successful completion of a professional portfoliowith practicum
- Must successfully complete key assessments related to specific courses in the Program of Study.
Graduate Academic Services Center
Department of Leadership
Technology, and Human Development
Dr. Daniel Calhoun
P.O. Box 8131
Statesboro, GA 30460
Fax: (912) 478-7104