Non-Degree Graduate Studies

For non-degree admission to graduate education programs for those interested in professional development, certification renewal, or an endorsement to an existing certificate, students must be admitted to graduate study as a non-degree student. For non-degree admission to the College of Graduate Studies, the applicant must:

  1. Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
  2. Possess or be eligible for certification as prescribed by the specific program.
  3. Present a cumulative 2.5 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.

Note: Initial certification in non-teaching fields such as Counselor Education and Instructional Technology require completion of the master's degree; Educational Leadership and School Psychology require completion of the education specialist's degree. Initial certification in Counselor Education and School Psychology cannot be completed as non-degree study. To pursue certification in Educational Leadership as a non-degree student, the applicant must possess at entry a master's degree in any field and meet all admission criteria for the Education Specialist in Educational Leadership program; although the master's degree may be in any field, pre-requisites will be required if it is not in educational leadership. To pursue certification in Instructional Technology as a non-degree student, the applicant must possess a Master's degree at entry and meet all other admission criteria for the Master of Education in Instructional Technology program.