Medical Withdrawals or Leave of Absence

Graduate students may petition for a medical withdrawal from the University to the Director of the Counseling Center when significant physical or psychological impairments beyond the student's control interfere with the ability to meet academic requirements. Students wishing to petition for such a voluntary, medical withdrawal must contact the Counseling Center. Medical withdrawals are not permitted after the semester is completed (last day of classes). Students granted a medical withdrawal will not be responsible for maintaining the continuous enrollment policy during the length of their medical leave and the time to Degree completion will be suspended during the approved Medical Leave.