Non-Medical Leave of Absence

A graduate student may request a non-medical Leave of Absence from the degree program. To request a Leave of Absence, one must complete the General Policy Appeal Form. A Leave of Absence may be granted for up to one year. Registration is not required during the approved Leave of Absence period and the time to Degree completion is suspended during the approved Leave of Absence period. An extension of a leave of absence beyond one year may be granted by the Director of Graduate Studies upon recommendation of the student's dissertation committee.