Nursing M.S.N. (Online)
Degree Requirements: 26 Credit Hours
MSN Degree, with a focus in Chronic Care Management
Total Hours: 26 credit hours for the entire MSN. Post-MSN Certificate options are available (FNP, PMHNP) that vary in length.
- Bachelor’s degree in the proposed field of study (BSN) or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must obtain a Georgia RN license.
- Prerequisite undergraduate statistics course or a statistically oriented methodology course.
- Pre-admission interview by nursing faculty.
- Submission/completion of documentation:
- College of Graduate Studies application
- Georgia Southern Health Services form
- School of Nursing graduate application
- Proof of current malpractice liability insurance
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation
- School of Nursing Student Health Appraisal forms
Specific Admission Policies
Must gain Regular Degree-Seeking Status admission to the MSN program to be eligible to enroll in graduate nursing courses. Non-degree students are not permitted to enroll in graduate nursing courses with the exception of students formally admitted to the Post-MSN Certificate option or with prior approval from the Graduate Program Director. The Graduate Program Director may admit any student into a program at her discretion. Final decisions will be made on an individual basis.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) in all prior nursing studies
- Course Progression: All courses must be completed with a minimum grade of “B”
Concentration: Chronic Care Management, 26 Credit Hours
|NURS 5131G||Scientific and Medical Terminology||3|
|NURS 6133||Health Care Organization and Policy for APN||3|
|NURS 6136||Family Health Promotion||3|
|NURS 6230||Epidemiology and Transcultural Issues for APN||3|
|NURS 6240||Chronic Care Management I||4|
|NURS 6241||Chronic Care Management Capstone 1||4|
|NURS 6260||Chronic Care Management II 1||6|
|Total Credit Hours||26|
Applied Clinical Hours
Other Program Requirements
- See academic standards and regulations in the graduate section for information on Program of Study and comprehensive examination procedures.
- Students must meet the progression policies of College of Graduate Studies and the MSN Program.
- A student admitted Non-degree to the Post-MSN Certificate options must meet the same academic standards and regulations for progress and retention as a Degree-seeking student.
- Preference is given to applicants with a desire to work in rural or underserved areas. Minority and rural students are encouraged to apply.