International Graduate Applicants
All international students admitted to the College of Graduate Studies must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. They must have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and give evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. International applicants must qualify for “Regular” admission and may not be granted "Provisional" admission. International applicants are not granted non-degree admission status unless holding an immigration status that permits non-degree admission. Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the College of Graduate Studies.
International applicants for admission to the COGS must submit the following:
- Completed on-line Graduate Admission Form.
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee (subject to change).
- Certified copy of diploma and certified English translation of diploma. This must be sent directly from the institution(s) previously attended to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Certified original and English translations of transcripts. Transcripts designated as official must be sent directly from the institution in a sealed envelope to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Transcripts marked “Issued to Student” will not be accepted as official. Applicants who have attended Georgia Southern University are not required to submit official Georgia Southern transcripts. Applicants are required to have transcripts evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluations Services, Inc. [NACES]).
- Official test scores as required for the selected program. Scores must be current, within the last five years, and sent directly from the testing agency to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores not more than two years old.
- SEVIS Data Form. This form should be completed and sent directly to the Center for International Studies.
- Certified Bank Statement (not more than six  months old) confirming finances. (See page 1 of the SEVIS Data Form for specifications.) This statement should be completed and sent directly to the Center for International Studies.
- Other documents as required by the department, college, or program. These may include letters of reference, personal statement, or letter of intent. See http://cogs.georgiasouthern.edu for information on program specific requirements.
- Applicants who are applying for a graduate assistantship must complete the Graduate Assistantship Application.
International applicants admitted must submit the completed Certificate of Immunization Form to the Health Services Office to be eligible to register for classes.
Credentials evaluated by any U.S. agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) may be presented. The evaluation must be sent directly from the agency to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Three such agencies are: