Special Admission for Students Age 62 and Older
Georgia citizens who are 62 years of age or older have the option, as granted by Amendment 23 of the Georgia Constitution, of enrolling in the University without the payment of fees subject to the following conditions:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Must be 62 years of age or older and present proof of age at the time of registration;
- Must enroll as a regular student to audit or take courses offered for resident credit; and
- Must pay for supplies, laboratory or fees.
An eligible student may petition for the Senior Citizen Fee Waiver by visiting the website below (click on Senior Citizen Wavier), printing the form, and providing the completed petition and documentation to the Office of the Registrar:
Individuals who do not qualify as mature students (see below) must also satisfy the following:
- Must meet all Georgia Southern University and University System of Georgia graduate admission requirements;
- The applicant must submit all college or university transcripts;
- If a course of study is pursued to degree, all institutional and system degree requirements must be met.