Georgia Southern’s Office of Student Media helps build community connections on campus with an array of products:
- The George-Anne student newspaper, in print every Tuesday and Thursday during the academic year plus daily updates every day at thegeorgeanne.com.
- The Reflector lifestyle magazine, a glossy publication once per semester plus lifestyle news every day at reflectorgsu.com.
- The Circle, a video-oriented site capturing everyday life and conversation at thecirclegsu.com.
- Miscellany, an online arts and literary magazine which features curated student work in a gallery event once per semester. Online at miscellany.reflectorgsu.com.
- Our House, a service aimed at new students, including an annual fall guide distributed at "Operation Move In" as well as a monthly newspaper for students living in residence halls.
- BoroNests.com, a housing finder for students who plan to live off campus.
- The Photo Booth, a service to help organizations capture fun images -- on photo strips and social media -- at events.
- SkySocial, a service launching in fall 2016 in which students will provide social media services to businesses and organizations.
Students perform all editorial functions, including writing, editing, photography and video. Students also lead advertising sales and marketing functions, including event planning and readership promotion.
The office has two professional employees, the director of student media and the business coordinator, to provide guidance and to oversee business practices and long-term planning.
Students who work for our media outlets gain real-world experience and develop critical thinking and communication skills which are valuable in any career path.
For more information, contact the office at (912) 478-7459, or visit http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/student-media/.