Kinesiology M.S. (Concentration in Exercise Science) (Thesis)
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A degree in Exercise Science is preferred, but it is not required*.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Graduate Record Examination scores less than five years old.
- A concise, 1-2 page, well-written personal statement that describes your professional goals.
A full vitae or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
Note: the admissions process is competitive and applicants that meet the requirements described above are not guaranteed admission.
NOTE: Prerequisite undergraduate course work may be required. Contact the Graduate Program Director in the Department of Health & Kinesiology for complete information.
NOTE: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program
* Prerequisite course work may be required of candidates that have not completed any exercise science courses. Contact the coordinator for the M.S. in Exercise Science program, for more information.
Program of Study
|KINS 6130||Research Design in Kinesiology||3|
|KINS 6131||Data Analysis in Kinesiology||3|
|Exercise Science Concentration||30|
|Advanced Exercise Physiology|
|Laboratory Techniques in Exercise Physiology|
|Instrumentation and Techniques in Biochemics|
|Human Performance and Nutrition|
|Internship in Kinesiology|
or KINS 7999
Guided Major Electives (9-12) 1
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Note: Students may select Thesis (KINS 7999) (6) to replace 6 credit hours of the Guided Major Electives.
School of Health & Kinesiology
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8076
Statesboro, GA 30460
FAX: (912) 478-0381