Medical Withdrawals

Students may petition for a medical withdrawal from the University to the Director of the Counseling Center when significant physical or psychological impairments beyond the student's control interfere with the ability to meet academic requirements. Students wishing to petition for such a voluntary, medical withdrawal should contact the Counseling Center at (912) 478-5541. Medical withdrawals are not permitted after the term is completed (last day of classes). Medical withdrawals are exempt from the Limited Withdrawal policy.