Georgia Southern University students (with a 2.0 or higher Georgia Southern total institution GPA) who wish to take course work at another institution and receive academic credit at the institution may do so if the following conditions are met:
- Student must have a total institutional grade point average of 2.0 or higher;
- Student must complete a Transient Form (available in the Registrar’s Office or at http://em.georgiasouthern.edu/registrar/students/forms/) obtaining the approval of his/her advisor and the Registrar;
- If the student is within the last 25% of hours needed for graduation, the student must also obtain the written approval of his/her department chair and academic dean;
- Students with learning support requirements must obtain permission from the Director of the Academic Success Center;
- Students may be approved for transient status for only one semester at a time;
- Students must make a minimum grade of “C” to assure that the course will be accepted in transfer;
- Students attending another institution as a transient student must request that an official transcript of course work as a transient be sent to Georgia Southern University’s Office of the Registrar once the semester is over;
- A student who takes his/her last work for a degree as a transient student during any graduation semester may not be eligible for graduation that semester;
- A student must apply for admission to the school he/she wishes to attend;
- A student must not have a financial hold (FH) and must not owe outstanding tuition and/or fees to the university;
- International transcripts require an official comprehensive course-by-course evaluation provided by one of the following or an alternative credentials agency: World Education Services http://www.wes.org/ or Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. http://www.jsilny.com.
Note: Courses taken as a transient will not be calculated in the Georgia Southern University GPA. However, transient work may affect a student’s eligibility for graduation with honors.