Georgia Southern University also offers the student an opportunity to obtain credit by local proficiency examination. The procedure is as follows:
- Student eligibility must be determined by the Office of the Registrar.
- After obtaining the proper form from the Office of the Registrar, the student petitions the department head of the subject area for an examination covering a particular course listed in the catalog.
- The student and the examiner will decide the date and time of the examination.
- If the petition is approved, the student must pay a test fee of $15 per test to the Cashier’s Office in Deal Hall. A receipt will be issued which will allow the student to take the test. The receipt must be attached to the Proficiency Exam Form.
- Credit hours obtained by proficiency examination will be considered resident credit.
- The proficiency exam score must be at least a “C” to award credit by exam. The Office of the Registrar will enter a grade of “K” on the student’s academic record showing credit hours were earned by proficiency examination, upon receiving the documents from the department.