Retroactive Withdrawal

A student who wishes to leave the University for nonacademic reasons is expected to withdraw during the current semester as described in the Complete Withdrawal section. Requests to withdraw after the semester is over are rare and considered only if the student was somehow unable to withdraw. For example, students who were hospitalized or incarcerated, asked to perform military service on short notice, or seriously debilitated by a physical or mental illness may be unable to withdraw during the semester in which they are enrolled. In such cases, students may submit a letter of appeal to the Associate Provost along with the appropriate documentation (medical records, court documents, etc.) during the next long-session semester after the grade is reported. Requests made after that time will not be considered. Retroactive withdrawals will not be considered if the student has completed all course requirements such as a final examination and/or a final project.