Division of Continuing Education
The mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to support Georgia Southern University’s commitment to extending the learning environment beyond the classroom to the communities it serves, promoting lifelong success by delivering multi-modal, multi-site and empowering opportunities for the individual. We provide a variety of non-credit courses and programs, from personal enrichment and professional development to customized workforce training and more. Whether it’s the arts, academics or preparation for lifelong success, our courses focus on hands-on learning taught by Georgia Southern faculty and other subject matter experts. Our offerings are available online and in-person, designed to meet various cultural and generational learning needs and provide traditional and non-traditional learners with the flexibility needed to maintain a work-life balance.
The Division also provides technologically advanced meeting, classroom, event and conference services in Statesboro, Hinesville and Savannah. Seasoned in managing educational programs that are local, regional, national and international, the Division of Continuing Education has the ability to manage the entire life cycle of a conference or special event. We have the venues and resources to suit all conferences and event types in a unique and personal setting. From inception to post-event evaluations, we work diligently to guarantee every aspect is exactly what you envision.
Our broad range of services, offered to both the regional and campus communities, include:
- Career Training Programs: provides online open enrollment programs designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire professional level positions for many in-demand occupations;
- Conference Planning Services: includes venue sourcing and contract negotiation to include audio-visual, food and beverage, CEU application coordination, financial and registration services, marketing, the arrangement and management of hotel room blocks and lodging, and customizable planning packages; includes the invitation of speakers, issuing of call for proposals, processing of honorarium payments, preparation of speaker bios, poster and presentation session management; offers recruitment of sponsors and exhibitors based on program criteria, processing for exhibitor and sponsor information, confirmation and registration, and coordination of exhibit space;
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Certificates: includes services for the completion and submission of applications to appropriate credentialing bodies as well as the coordination of the CEU process;
- Customized Training: develops training programs by analyzing, designing and implementing training solutions that meet the needs of the organization or business. Training solutions can be delivered onsite or on any Georgia Southern University campus.
- Event Management: operates as the central entry point for meeting and event requests on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses; coordinates events and meetings for both internal and external clients;
- Personal Enrichment: provides face-to-face and online lifelong learning programs and experiences that allow for the exploration and development of new interests and skills for personal growth;
- Professional Development: provides face-to-face and online programs in high-demand fields to improve knowledge and skills to enhance and advance career development. Programs may lead to certifications and digital badges.
- Youth Programs: coordinates facilities and services on the Statesboro and Savannah Campuses for both internal and external groups.