Division of Continuing Education
The mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to support Georgia Southern University’s commitment to extending the learning environment beyond the classroom to the communities it serves, promoting lifelong success by delivering multi-modal, multi-site, and empowering opportunities for the individual. We provide a variety of courses and programs, from non-degree personal and professional development to customized workforce training, and more. Our offerings are available online and in-person, designed to meet various cultural and generational learning needs and provide traditional and non-traditional learners with the flexibility needed to maintain work-life balance.
The Division is your full-service provider of non-credit bearing programs, while also providing technologically advanced meeting, classroom, event, and conference services in Statesboro, Hinesville, and Savannah. Seasoned in managing educational programs locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally, the Division of Continuing Education is a full-service, one-stop shop with the ability to manage the entire life cycle of a program or conference. We have the venues and resources to suit all programs and event types in a unique and personal setting. From inception to post-program evaluations, we work diligently to guarantee every aspect of your program is exactly what you envision.
Additionally, the Division of Continuing Education is committed to the mission of lifelong learning and personal enrichment. To fulfill this, we offer the English Language Program and a variety of youth programs. The English Language Program at Georgia Southern University offers an active, student-centered approach to learning. Our academically intensive program supports the idea that whole language practice in all four skill areas—reading, writing, listening, and speaking—should be active rather than passive. We also offer a non-credit English Communication Skills course that provides interactive and fun learning sessions led by an ESL expert with over 15 years of experience. Our youth programs carry the same spirit of student-centeredness, with camps that explore the science of the outdoors, creating exciting Lego® robots, and preparing for college entrance exams. Whether it’s the arts, academics, or preparation for lifelong success, our camps focus on hands-on learning taught by leaders in the community.
Our broad range of services, offered to both the regional and campus communities, include:
- Customized Workforce Training—offers developed proposals that align with the company’s objectives based on in-person consultations and needs assessments; enhances workforce readiness, and training that helps employees learn new technologies and/or acquire certification that demonstrate expertise;
- Conference and Event Services—includes venue sourcing and booking, contract negotiation, CEU application tracking and coordination, financial and registration services, marketing and catering options, arrangement and management of hotel room blocks and lodging, audio-visual equipment and support, and customizable planning packages;
- Personal and Professional Development—includes online and in-person courses, providing certifications, and the ability to customize courses by industry to teach strategies and a framework for personal growth, goal setting, and self improvement; coordination of curriculum, certification, and delivery process for certificates, as well as the creation of personal, professional, or youth programs; instructor management, and attendee participation tracking;
- Online Courses—provides self-paced or instructor-led options for busy professionals, including the ability to gain certifications and digital badges, with learning options available in most industries; benefits include maintaining a flexible schedule, as well as convenience and flexibility;
- Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s) and Certificates—includes application and coordination of CEU process and tracking of attendee participation;
- Marketing and Promotions—boasts consultancy experience and service to non-profit and corporate businesses in marketing national programs; our dedicated marketing team is ready to bring visibility to your program with services that include tailored market research and delivery of an integrated marketing communications plan; marketing plan includes environmental scans, data tracking, design and creation of marketing collateral, establishment and increase of brand awareness, creation of program website and continued maintenance, design of print and digital signage, creation and implementation of email and social media campaign, as well as mailing list/listserv management;
- Financial Services—includes budget creation, purchasing of services and goods, approval for payment of invoices, process and recording of expenses, compiling accounting summary, and maintaining account records;
- Registration Services—provides the building and management of the registration portal, online registration services maintained with SecureServer, receipt of fees, real-time fee collection and reporting, and invoicing of participants;
- Speaker and Presenter Management—includes the invitation of speakers, issuing of call for proposals, coordination of travel and lodging, processing of honorarium payments, preparation of speaker bios, poster and presentation session management, and organization of audio-visual requirements;
- Sponsor and Exhibitor Management—offers recruitment of sponsors and exhibitors based on program criteria, processing for exhibitor and sponsor information, confirmation, and registration, and coordination of exhibit space.
For more information, please visit the Division’s website at GeorgiaSouthern.edu/Conted.