At a Glance
- Georgia Southern University is listed among the top four “Most Affordable Colleges in Georgia” by College Affordability Guide.
- Georgia Southern is ranked among the top 100 “2017 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” by U.S. News & World Report.
- The College of Business Administration was named among the “12 Top Business Schools” by Newsweek.
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Information Technology is home to the first undergraduate Manufacturing Engineering program in the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Southern has been named a “Military Friendly” school for the sixth year in a row by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines.
- The online Master of Science in Computer Science program was ranked 21st on the list of “2017 Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Both the online Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) and online graduate business programs were ranked in the top 50 of their respective lists of online business programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
The University Strategic Plan Themes
Georgia Southern University’s strategic vision is to be recognized as one of the best public doctoral-research universities in the country within the next 10 years. Our journey is guided by four essential strategic themes:
- Promote Academic Excellence
- Enhance Student Success
- Increase Research, Scholarship, and Creative Achievement
- Maintain Fiscal Sustainability
Learn More about the University
- Administrative Structure
- Archived Catalogs
- Campus Directory and Map
- College Structure
- Course Descriptions
- Directory Information
- General and Academic Information
- History of Georgia Southern University
- How to Use This Catalog
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Majors and Programs
- Outreach Facilities on the Georgia Southern Campus
- Strategic Values and Priorities
- The Georgia Southern University Libraries
- The University System of Georgia
- University Calendars
- University Housing
- University Mission