Department of Manufacturing Engineering
The Master of Science in Applied Engineering (MSAE) degree program offered on the Statesboro campus of Georgia Southern integrates state-of-the-art technology and interdisciplinary and conceptual science with hands-on, operational skills preparation. Graduates gain valuable knowledge and are placed in a unique position to make an immediate impact on their career and their employers. Our applied engineering program works closely with area industry, helping them solve a wide range of engineering problems, and giving our students a real-world classroom in which to learn their skills. In addition, our students regularly join our world-class professors in leading-edge research in our state-of-the-art laboratories.
Students in the MSAE degree program have several study options to choose from:
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering concentration
- Engineering Management concentration
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering and Manufacturing Management
- Graduate Certificate in Occupational Safety and Environmental Compliance
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering concentration includes courses in the areas of Lean and Six Sigma, Additive Manufacturing, Nano-manufacturing, and Packaging. Thesis or non-thesis tracks for both concentrations are available within the program. Research conducted through the thesis or independent study project provides opportunity for individualized in-depth study with a faculty mentor.
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) (Non-Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) (Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Engineering Management) (Non-Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Engineering Management) (Thesis)