Adult Education Certificate
Degree Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
The Certificate in Adult Education leads to a State of Georgia Board of Regents certificate in Adult Education. Adult education is the teaching or training of adults. This program is designed to assist individuals entering a wide variety of careers as trainers or educators. The program of study has been designed to enhance communication skills in the dissemination of knowledge about one’s area of expertise. Individuals completing the program will accomplish the following objectives:
- develop a deeper, comprehensive understanding of the adult learner through a plan of study which builds upon prior professional preparation and experience.
- interpret adult behavior through exploration theories and research findings related to the physical, social, emotional, intellectual and moral development of the adult learner.
- investigate historical and philosophical factors which influence curriculum and pedagogy/andragogy for the adult learner.
- implement appropriate instructional strategies designed according to learner variables and academic discipline.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.50.
Program of Study
|Select 12 credit hours from the following advisor approved courses:||12|
|Special Topics In Adult Educ|
|History and Theory of Adult Education and Literacy|
|Psychology of The Adult Learner|
|Program Planning and Evaluation|
|Research and Grant Writing in Adult Learning|
|Training & Development In the Workplace|
|Issues and Strategies|
|Online Learning Environment|
|Total Credit Hours||12|
Department of Leadership, Technology and Human Development
Dr. Patricia Holt
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, Georgia 31419