Higher Education Administration M.Ed.
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a current professional resume or CV.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) credits of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
|Professional Education Core Requirements||9|
|Learning Theories and Applications|
|Technology for Higher Education Leaders|
|Higher Education Administration Core||18|
|American Higher Education|
|Higher Education Administration|
|History of American Higher Education|
|Higher Education Law|
|College Student Development|
|Higher Education Practicum (Must be taken in final semester)|
|Specialized Content Courses||9|
Select three of the following in consultation with advisor
|Foundations of Student Affairs in Higher Education|
|Higher Education Finance|
|Higher Education Governance|
|The Community College|
|Politics of Higher Education|
|Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education|
|Instructional Technology Foundations|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Other Program Requirements
- Successful completion of a professional portfoliowith practicum
- Must successfully complete key assessments related to specific courses in the Program of Study.
Graduate Academic Services Center
Department of Leadership
Technology, and Human Development
Dr. Daniel Calhoun
P.O. Box 8131
Statesboro, GA 30460
Fax: (912) 478-7104