School Library Media Certificate Program (Online)
Requirements: 24 Credit Hours
The courses in this program are offered 100% online.
- Complete requirements for a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
This program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission as a program leading to certification in Instructional Technology. Completing the program will prepare candidates for certification, but candidates should consult with program faculty, the College of Education Graduate Academic Services Center, or the Georgia Professional Standards Commission regarding current certification rules upon entering the program.
- Possess an Induction or Professional Certificate or equivalent in a teaching field or a Certificate of Eligibility for an Induction Certificate in a teaching field. Persons not holding level four certification may be admitted, however, additional hours will be required.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a completed "Disclosure and Affirmation Form" that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
- Persons seeking initial school library media certification not holding Level Four Certification must submit passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment or be exempt by acceptable SAT, ACT, or GRE scores.
|FREC 7232||Children's Literature||3|
|or FRMS 7331||Early Adolescent Literature|
|FRIT 7231||Instructional Design||3|
|FRIT 7233||Selection and Development of Digital Tools and Resources||3|
|FRIT 7234||Information Fluency and Inquiry Learning||3|
|FRIT 7235||Digital Learning Environments 1||3|
|FRIT 7331||Leadership of the School Library Media Program||3|
|FRIT 7332||The School Library Literacy Environment||3|
|FRIT 7734||Practicum in School Library Media 2||3|
|Total Credit Hours||24|
Requires Instructional Design (FRIT 7231) as a prerequisite
Admission into Practicum in School Library Media (FRIT 7734) requires completion of all program specific required courses and acceptable level performance on all program key assessments
Other Program Requirements
- Must maintain an account on the College’s electronic data-management system.
- Must successfully complete assessments identified at each program transition point.
- Instructional Technology Foundations (ITEC 7530) (or equivalent course) may not be used as credit toward certification.
- Claim Georgia Southern University as your program provider in your MyPSC Account during your first term of enrollment (see information under MyPSC Account in Graduate Catalog, College of Education).