Kinesiology M.S. (Concentration in Coaching) (Online)
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours (Online)
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Regular admission will be considered for students with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 credit hours of their undergraduate degree. .
- A College of Graduate Studies Online Application.
- A full vita or resume that includes the following:
- Work history,
- Professional experiences,
- Membership and participation in professional organizations,
- Other experiences related to coaching,
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
Provisional admission will be considered for students with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of their undergraduate degree.
Additional Requirements: This program starts in May and students will not be allowed to begin the program in the Fall or Spring semester. All students must be coaching while in the program.
Application Deadline: Application received by April 1 will receive first consideration.
NOTE: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
NOTE: This concentration does not require GRE scores.
Program of Study
|Sport Coaching Pedagogy|
|Sociocultural Foundations of Sport Coaching|
|Scientific Foundations of Human Performance|
|Practical Applications of Human Performance|
|Administrative Issues in Coaching|
|Prevention, Recognition and Care of Athletic Injuries|
|Current Issues in Coaching|
|Analysis of Teaching Physical Education|
|Psychology of Sport and Exercise Performance|
|Practicum in Coaching|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Department of Health Sciences & Kinesiology
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8076
Statesboro, GA 30460
FAX: (912) 478-0381