Department of Manufacturing Engineering
The Department of Manufacturing Engineering offers the Master of Science in Applied Engineering (MSAE) degree program on the Statesboro campus of Georgia Southern. The MSAE degree program integrates state-of-the-art technology and interdisciplinary and conceptual science with hands-on, operational skills preparation. Graduates gain valuable knowledge and are uniquely positioned to make immediate impacts in their careers. This applied engineering program works closely with area industry, helping them solve a wide range of engineering problems, and giving students a real-world classroom in which to learn their skills. In addition, students regularly join world-class professors in leading-edge research in the College's state-of-the-art laboratories.
Students in the MSAE degree program have several study options to choose from:
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering concentration
- Engineering Management concentration
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering concentration includes courses in the areas of Lean and Six Sigma, Additive Manufacturing, Nano-manufacturing, and Automation. Thesis or non-thesis tracks for both concentrations are available within the program. Research conducted through the thesis or independent study project provides opportunity for individualized in-depth study with a faculty mentor.
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) (Non-Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) (Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Engineering Management) (Non-Thesis)
- Applied Engineering M.S.A.E. (Concentration in Engineering Management) (Thesis)