Admission to Graduate Clinical Practice
Clinical practice is required in all teacher preparation programs at the initial certification level. In order to participate in the student teaching/internship program, a teacher candidate in a MAT or graduate non-degree certification program must:
- Meet all admission requirements for the Teacher Education Program.
- If not required for program admission, attempt the GACE Content Assessment appropriate to the field.
- Possess valid liability insurance.
- Pass the Georgia Educator Ethics-Program Exit (360) Assessment.
- If not employed as a Teacher of Record, possess a Preservice Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Candidates employed as Teachers of Record must be teaching full-time in the area of certification they are seeking during the semester of clinical practice/internship.
- Apply for clinical practice by the established deadline one academic semester prior to registration for the course.
- Note: School districts may have additional requirements for student teachers/interns placed in their schools. Student teachers/interns must meet these additional requirements.