Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement (Online)
Program Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
The Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program develops highly skilled special education transition specialists
who can demonstrate and explicitly explain:
- career development and transition planning for students with special needs;
- the vocational assessment for students with special needs;
- inter-agency planning and service for students with special needs as they transition to adulthood; and
- appropriate community environments, methods for linking community-based instruction, and the inter-agency agreement methodology for preparing students with multiple and severe disabilities for adulthood.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.50 OR in most recent degree or recommendation from employer.
- Hold a valid Georgia level four or higher renewable professional teaching certificate or equivalent state-issued, clear, renewable teaching certificate in special education;
- A current clear criminal background check conducted as directed by the College of Education. Note: This requirement may be waived only with evidence of employment as a full-time teacher of record in a public school in Georgia. Evidence must be presented on the College of Education’s Employment Verification Form.
- A student must be admitted to the university on a degree-admission basis.
|SPED 8410||Career Development and Transition Planning||3|
|SPED 8411||Vocational Assessment of Special Education Students||3|
|SPED 8412||Interagency Planning and Service for Transition to Adulthood||3|
|SPED 8413||Community Based Instruction||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12|
Department of Elementary and Special Education
Dr. Robert Loyd
University Hall 212
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Phone: (912) 344-2095
Fax: (912) 344-3443