Department of Middle Grades and Secondary Education
The Department of Middle Grades and Secondary Education at Georgia Southern University offers a variety of programs to prepare teachers and provide advanced professional development. Programs at the undergraduate level include middle grades education (4-8); secondary education (6-12) with specializations in biology, chemistry, English, history, mathematics and physics; and health and physical education (P- 12). The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program offers initial teacher preparation in middle grades, health and physical education, and Spanish education, as well as secondary areas of business, biology, chemistry, economics, English, history, geography, mathematics, physics, and political science. The department offers Master of Education (M.Ed.) and Education Specialist (Ed.S) degrees in middle grades and secondary education and an M.Ed. in Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students. In addition to these degree programs, the department also offers an endorsement in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and a certificate in Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students.
- Middle Grades Education (Grades 4-8) M.Ed. (Online)
- Secondary Education (Grades 6-12) M.Ed. (Online)
- Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students M.Ed.
- Teaching M.A.T. (Concentration in Health and Physical Education P-12)
- Teaching M.A.T. (Concentration in Middle Grades Education Grades 4-8)
- Teaching M.A.T. (Concentration in Secondary Education Grades 6-12)
- Teaching M.A.T. (Concentration in Spanish Education P-12)