Doctoral Degree Completion Check-List
The following are required of doctoral students for degree completion:
- satisfied the Foreign Language requirement if completing a doctoral program in which a Foreign Language is required;
- accumulated the required number of credit for the degree;
- successfully completed all program requirements;
- have an approved Program of Study on file in the College of Graduate Studies or have completed the program under DegreeWorks;
- have no grades of "I" or "IP" on your graduate transcript.
- have a cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.0 or the cumulative GPA required by your program;
- be registered in at least one (1) credit if completing a degree program in which a thesis is being completed;
- take and pass the comprehensive examination (or equivalent in your department) if required for your degree program by the deadline;
- confirmed that your advisor has submitted the appropriate Final Dissertation Defense examination report form to the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline;
- passed the Dissertation defense by the deadline if completing a degree program in which a thesis or internship is required;
- submitted the electronic thesis for format review by the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline;
- submitted the final electronic version of the approved thesis to the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline; and
- completed the Institutional Review Board (IRB) termination notification through the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs by the deadline.