Master's Degree Completion Check-List
Students need to complete the following items:
- Have satisfied the Foreign Language requirement if completing a master’s program in which a Foreign Language is required.
- Have accumulated the required number of credits for the degree.
- Have successfully completed all program requirements.
- Have an approved Program of Study on file in the College of Graduate Studies or have completed the program under DegreeWorks.
- Have no grades of “I” or “IP” on the graduate transcript.
- Have a cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Be registered in at least one (1) credit hour if completing a degree program in which a thesis is being completed.
- Take and pass the comprehensive examination (or equivalent in your department) if required for your degree program by the deadline. Your advisor must submit the Report on Comprehensive Examination/Thesis Defense Form to the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline.
- Pass the thesis or internship defense by the deadline if completing a degree program in which a thesis or internship is required.
- Submit the electronic thesis for format review by the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline.
- Submit the final electronic version of the approved thesis to the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline.
- Complete the Institutional Review Board (IRB) termination notification through the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs by the deadline.