Kinesiology M.S. (Concentration in Coaching) (Online)
Degree Requirements: 36 Credit Hours (Online)
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Regular admission will be considered for students with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 credit hours of their undergraduate degree. .
- A College of Graduate Studies Online Application.
- A full vita or resume that includes the following:
- Work history,
- Professional experiences,
- Membership and participation in professional organizations,
- Other experiences related to coaching,
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
Provisional admission will be considered for students with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of their undergraduate degree.
Additional Requirements: This program starts in May and students will not be allowed to begin the program in the Fall or Spring semester. All students must be coaching while in the program.
Application Deadline: Application received by April 1 will receive first consideration.
NOTE: Prerequisite undergraduate course work may be required. Contact the Graduate Program Director in the Department of Health & Kinesiology for complete information.
NOTE: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
NOTE: This concentration does not require GRE scores.
Program of Study
|KINS 6132||Research Methods||3|
|KINS 7430||Administrative Issues in Coaching||3|
|KINS 7431||Applied Sport Physiology||3|
|KINS 7432||Applied Sport Biomechanics||3|
|KINS 7433||Prevention, Recognition and Care of Athletic Injuries||3|
|KINS 7434||Current Issues in Coaching||3|
|KINS 7437||Analysis of Teaching Physical Education||3|
|KINS 7530||Psychology of Sport and Exercise Performance||3|
|KINS 7531||Team Dynamics||3|
|KINS 7730||Practicum in Coaching||3|
|Guided Major Electives (6)||6|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
School of Health & Kinesiology
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8076
Statesboro, GA 30460
FAX: (912) 478-0381