An applicant will be considered for admission upon compliance with the following requirements and conditions1:
- Graduation from an approved secondary school;
- Satisfactory completion of the Required High School Curriculum, which should include the following units. Additional information regarding courses used to satisfy these requirements can be found on the Office of Admissions freshmen requirements website or in the Board of Regents Academic & Student Affairs Handbook, section 188.8.131.52.
Beginning Freshmen 4 Mathematics 4 English 4 Science 3 Social Science 2 Foreign Language
- Submission of satisfactory scores on the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) - minimum 1030 SAT total (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing + Math on redesigned exam) - or American College Test (ACT) with a 20 composite;
- U.S. citizens or resident aliens for whom English is not the native language may be required to take the English Language Placement Exam upon arrival. Resident aliens must submit a copy of their green card;
- Submission of an official high school transcript and a record of good conduct. Major or continued difficulty with the school or civil authorities may make an applicant ineligible regardless of academic qualifications.
Georgia Southern University offers a summer entry program for students to demonstrate their ability to succeed at college-level work. Students who participate can enroll regularly for fall 2018. Refer to GeorgiaSouthern.edu/eaglesuccess for additional information.
Applicants are usually admitted prior to high school graduation, once they have completed their junior year of high school, and have submitted an official high school transcript. The transcript should include a satisfactory grade point average and a full listing of senior year courses yet to be completed. Satisfactory SAT or ACT scores must be requested from the testing agency and sent directly to the Office of Admissions by that testing agency.
Please note: Students applying to secondary admit programs must meet general admission requirements, as well as meet specific program requirements. An additional application to the program of choice is required. Admission to Georgia Southern University does not guarantee acceptance into secondary admit programs.
(GED holders - See Adult Student criteria)
All requirements are subject to change. Please contact the Office of Admissions at (912) 478-5391 or at admissions.georgiasouthern.edu/ for current admission requirements.