Special Admission for Students Age 62 and Older
Georgia citizens who are 62 years of age or older have the option, as granted by Amendment 23 of the Georgia Constitution, of enrolling in the University without the payment of tuition and fees subject to the following conditions:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Must be 62 years of age or older and present proof of age before registration;
- Must enroll as a regular student to audit or take courses offered for resident credit;
- Must pay for books, supplies, laboratory and/or miscellaneous fees.
An eligible student may petition for the Senior Citizen Fee Waiver by visiting the website below (click on Senior Citizen Waiver), printing the form, and providing the completed petition and documentation.
Individuals who do not qualify as mature/non-traditional students (see section on “Special Admission for Adult & Non-Traditional Students”) must also satisfy the following:
- Must meet all Georgia Southern University and University System of Georgia admission requirements including high school graduation, SAT or ACT scores, and participation in Learning Support if required;
- If the applicant has previously attended another college or university, he or she must satisfy transfer admission requirements;
- If a course of study is pursued to degree, all institutional, system, and state-legislated degree requirements must be met (see Graduation Requirements in the Academic Resources Section).