Exercise Science B.S.K. (Emphasis in Tactical Strength and Conditioning
Degree Requirements: 124 Credit Hours
See Core Curriculum for required courses in area A1 through Area E.
|General Requirements (Core A - E) 1||42|
|Area F - Courses Appropriate to Major 2, 3||18|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I Laboratory|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II Laboratory|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II|
|Introductory Physics I|
|Introduction to Exercise Science|
|Research Methods in Kinesiology|
|Foundations of Exercise and Sport Psychology|
|Motor Control, Coordination, and Skill|
|Physiological Aspects of Exercise|
|Biomechanical Analysis of Movement|
|Administrative Principles in Kinesiology|
|Fitness Evaluation and Exercise Prescription|
|Tactical Strength and Conditioning Emphasis||32|
|The emphasis in Tactical Strength and Conditioning prepares students for the Tactical Strength and Conditioning – Facilitator certification and to provide emergency medical treatment. Certifications: Tactical Strength and Conditioning (NSCA).|
|Principles of Coaching|
|Psychology of Coaching|
|Worksite Wellness and Safety|
|Sport Conditioning Laboratory|
|Selected Topics in Kinesiology (Principles of Strength and Conditioning)|
|Selected Topics in Kinesiology (Tactical Strength and Conditioning)|
|Internship in Exercise Science|
|Total Credit Hours||124|
Program Admission Criteria
- Admission to Georgia Southern University
- A total institution GPA of 2.0 or better on all course work attempted (transfer course work and work completed at Georgia Southern University are considered)
- Completed a minimum of 30 credit hours
- A minimum grade of “C” in all Area D and F course work attempted
Honors Program Progression Requirements
To graduate with Honors in Exercise Science, a student must:
- be admitted to the University Honors Program
- successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project
- be in good standing in the University Honors Program at the time of graduation
Program Progression Criteria
- Students must earn a minimum grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major requirements, including guided major electives.
- Students must also earn a minimum grade of “C” in a prerequisite course prior to registering for an advanced course.
- If a student receives a grade of “D” or “F” in a course listed in Area F and/or within the major requirements, including guided major electives, the student can repeat said course no more than 2 times.
- Students must show proof of CPR/AED certification prior to completing KINS 3452.
- To be eligible for internship, students must have a total institution GPA of 2.0 or better, and completed all core curriculum and major degree requirements, earning a grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major requirements, including courses taken within the tracks. Students registering for less than 12 hours of internship can take other coursework, but the coursework must be approved by the program coordinator.
- Internships must be approved by the internship coordinator.
Note: Exercise Science Majors must complete Fundamentals to include:
|CHEM 1211K||Principles of Chemistry I||4|
|CHEM 1212K||Principles of Chemistry II||4|
|PSYC 1101||Introduction to Psychology||3|
Students not able to complete Fundamentals in Areas A2, D, and F will take these courses as part of their selected emphasis area.