Total Credit Hours: 124
1 While MATH 1441 Calculus I is 4 credit hours, only 3 credit hours will count toward fulfilling Area A2. The remaining credit hour will be applied toward Area F.
2 Students must complete MATH 1441 Calculus I , MATH 2242 Calculus II , and MATH 2243 Calculus III
3 PHYS 3630 Undergraduate Seminar is a 1 credit hour class, repeatable for credit. 3 credit hours are required in the Major Requirements of the BS Physics degree. Additional repeated hours will not count toward graduation.
4 Astronomy Emphasis only available on Statesboro campus. General Emphasis available on both campuses.
Other Program Requirements
- Students must successfully complete the Major Field Test as a departmental exit exam.
Honors in Physics
To graduate with Honors in Physics, a student must:
- be admitted to the Honors College;
- complete 3-credit hours in honors PHYS 5890 or ASTR 5890 (in a minimum of two regular semesters);
- successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project;
- be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graduation.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .