Total Credit Hours: 124
Honors in Nutrition and Food Science
To graduate with Honors in Nutrition and Food Science a student must:
- Be admitted to the Honors College;
- Successfully complete at least four credit hours of HONS 4610 Honors Research Seminar over four semesters
- Successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project;
- Be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graduation
Program Admission Criteria
- 2.0 GPA for Community Nutrition and Food Science/Food Service Administration Emphases.
Program Progression Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major including non-major requirements.
- Students must also earn a minimum grade of “C” in a prerequisite course prior to registering for an advanced course.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .