Total Credit Hours: 124
Honors in Health Sciences
To graduate with Honors in Health Sciences, a student must:
- be admitted to the Honors College;
- successfully complete HSCC 3100 Research Methods (minimum grade of B) prior to enrollment in HONS 4610 or HONS 4999 Honors Research ; Health Sciences;
- successfully complete one credit hour of HONS 4610 during their first semester in the departmental honors program, and at least two credit hours of HONS 4999 after HONS 4610 and before graduation (normally one during each of the last semesters enrolled);
- successfully complete and present and Honors Thesis or Capstone Project;
- be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graudation.
All students are required to submit evidence of liability insurance and a health assessment prior to beginning their practicum. Students must complete the degree program within six consecutive years from the date of their initial admission to the major. Students who do not complete the program within this time limit must apply for readmission, meet current criteria for admission, and have their previous credits calculated. Students who are granted readmission must meet course requirements in effect at the time of readmission. A minimum grade of C or better must be earned in each course in the major.
It is recommended that all bachelor of health science students have current CPR certification at the time of graduation.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .