Total Credit Hours: 130
Other Program Requirements
Honors in Radiologic Science
To graduate with Honors in Radiologic Sciences, a student must:
• be admitted to the Honors College
• complete and present an Honors Thesis equivalent to three credit hours with a measurable outcome approved by the Radiologic Sciences faculty assigned to the project
• maintain a 3.3 overall GPA, including a minimum GPA of 3.5 in all major courses applied toward graduation
• be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graduation
Admission to Georgia Southern University:
All transfer credits must be evaluated by the Undergraduate Office of Admissions and posted on the Georgia Southern transcript upon official acceptance to the University.
Admission to the university does not guarantee admission to the Medical Laboratory Science program. The department has a separate formal admissions process managed by the Allied Health Centralized Application Service (AHCAS). Cohorts start each Fall Semester. See the webpage for the AHCAS application process.
Admission is made on a space-available basis and is limited to the best-qualified students. Meeting admission criteria does not constitute acceptance into the program.
- Completion of all core requirements for the major before the program start date. Exceptions may be made for students lacking the legislative requirement or physical education requirement.
- A minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in Core Areas A, D, and F.
- A calculated GPA of 2.5 or greater in math and science courses found in Area A, D, and F. This calculated GPA inclueds all passed and failed attempts of a course with the exception of courses for which grade forgiveness or academic renewal has been approved.
- Students with outstanding admission requirements must provide proof of meeting the requirements to the program coordinator before the beginning of the admitted semester. Failure to do so will result in removal from the admitted list.
- Students who are dismissed from the program due to course failures may be considered for re-admission to the program after a period of 5 years.
A grade of “C” or better is required for each course in the major field of study. If a student earns a grade of less than “C” in any of the required courses in the major, the student will be placed on academic probation for the duration of the program and must repeat the course the next time the course is offered (typically the next year). This may result in the student joining a new cohort. Students may repeat a course in the major field of study only once. For a student on academic probation within the degree, if a second grade of less than “C” is earned in any of the required courses in the major, the student will be dismissed without the possibility of readmission to the degree.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .