Total Credit Hours: 130
1 While MATH 1441 Calculus I is 4 credit hours, only 3 credit hours will count toward fulfilling Area A2. The remaining credit hour will be applied toward Specific Requirements.
2 While MATH 2242 Calculus II is 4 credit hours, only 3 credit hours will count toward fulfilling Area D. The remaining credit hour will be applied toward Specific Requirements.
Other Program Requirements
- At least 33 credit hours of approved upper-division Engineering credits must be earned at Georgia Southern.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all ENGR and EENG courses and their corresponding co-requisites and pre-requisites.
Honors in Electrical Engineering
To graduate with Honors in Electrical Engineering a student must:
- Be admitted to the Honors College
- Complete a capstone project in EENG 4640 .
- Maintain a 3.3 institution grade point average, including a 3.5 minimum GPA in all major courses applied towards graduation
Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s (ABM) Degree in Electrical Engineering:
For regular admission to the Accelerated Bachelor’s to the Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering (ABM-MSEE) degree program, the applicant must have:
- Current GS undergraduate student majoring in Electrical Engineering (EE).
- Completed at least 25 credit hours of undergraduate coursework in EE discipline including MATH 1441 , MATH 2242 , PHYS 2211K , PHYS 2212K , ENGR 1731 , ENGR 1732 , and ENGR 2332 .
- A 3.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on courses in undergraduate work.
- Students must maintain an Institutional (Georgia Southern) GPA of 2.75 or higher.
A student may be granted provisional admission based upon the recommendation of the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering Graduate Coordinator or department chair.
ABM Degree Requirements: (Thesis and Non-Thesis)
- A minimum of 50% of courses for the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree must be taken at or above the 6000 level.
- A student may use up to 9 credit hours of graduate-level courses offered within a single degree program in meeting the requirements of both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree.
- An undergraduate student enrolled in graduate classes is limited to 6 credit hours of graduate coursework per semester.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit the Academic Advisement catalog page.