Total Credit Hours: 130
1 While Calculus I (MATH 1441 ) is a 4 credit hour course, only 3 credit hours count toward fulfilling Area A2. The remaining credit hour is applied toward Area F-Courses Appropriate to Major.
2 Area D1 requirements are fulfilled by PHYS 2211K and PHYS 2212K (8 hours). While Environmental Geology (GEOL 1340 ) is a 4 credit hour course, only 3 credit hours count toward fulfilling Area D2. The remaining credit hour is applied toward Specific Requirements
Other Program Requirements
- A minimum grade of “C” is required for all CENG courses.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required for all TCM courses.
- At least 33 credit hours of approved upper division Engineering credit hours must be earned at Georgia Southern.
- At least 100 hours of Departmental pre-approved community service must be completed prior to graduation clearance.
- Students must take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam (FE Civil Exam only).
Honors in Civil Engineering
To graduate with Honors in Civil Engineering a student must:
- Be admitted in the Honors College
- Complete an Honors thesis (in a minimum of two regular semesters) for a total of 3-credit hours in Honors Research.
- Maintain a 3.3 institution grade point average, including a 3.5 minimum GPA in all major courses applied towards graduation.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit the Academic Advisement catalog page.