Total Credit Hours: 124
1 May be satisfied by a secondary school background showing four (4) years or more of preparation in a single language
- Geology majors must maintain an overall 2.0 GPA across all Geology coursework (any course with GEOL prefix).
Honors in Geology
Students majoring in Geology (BS or BA) may pursue an Honors in Geology program. Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.2 after 45 credit hours of coursework and approval of Geology and Geography faculty to commence the Honors program.
To graduate with Honors in Geology, a student must:
- Be admitted to the Honor College;
- Complete Senior Thesis Research II (GEOL 4831 ) with a grade of B or higher;
- Complete Introduction to Research (GEOL 4120 ) (with a grade of B or higher), Senior Thesis Research I (GEOL 4830 ), and Senior Thesis Research II (GEOL 4831 ) for a total of 8 credit hours;
- Successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project;
- Be in good standing in the Honor College at the time of graduation.
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .