Jan 29, 2023
Degree Requirements: 124 Credit Hours
See Core Curriculum for required courses in area A1 through Area E.
General Requirements (Core A - E) Credit Hours: 42
1 (See footnote below)
Additional Requirements Credit Hours: 4
Area F - Courses Appropriate to Major Credit Hours: 18
2,3 (See footnote below)
Major Requirements Credit Hours: 28
Sport Performance Concentration Credit Hours: 32
The concentration in Sport Performance prepares students for the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s certification test (CSCS) or USA Weightlifting’s Sport Performance certification, leading to careers designing strength and conditioning programs for athletes in team settings. Certifications: Certified Strength and Conditioning, CPR/First Aid (ARC), Sport Performance Certification (USA Weightlifting), Advanced Sport Performance Certification (USA Weightlifting), GHSA Community Coach Certification, ASEP Coaching Principles, ASEP Sport First Aid, and FMS Functional Movement Screening.
Select from the following to complete credit hours if needed:
Honors Program Progression Requirements
To graduate with Honors in Exercise Science, a student must:
- be admitted to the Honors College
- successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project
- be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graduation
Program Progression Criteria
- Students must earn a minimum grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major requirements, including guided major electives.
- Students must also earn a minimum grade of “C” in a prerequisite course prior to registering for an advanced course.
- If a student receives a grade of “D” or “F” in a course listed in Area F and/or within the major requirements, including guided major electives, the student can repeat said course no more than 2 times.
- Students must show proof of CPR/AED certification prior to completing KINS 3452.
- To be eligible for internship, students must have a total institution GPA of 2.0 or better, and completed all core curriculum and major degree requirements, earning a grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major requirements, including courses taken within the tracks. Students registering for less than 12 hours of internship can take other coursework, but the coursework must be approved by the program coordinator.
- Internships must be approved by the internship coordinator.
Note: Exercise Science Majors must complete Fundamentals to include:
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .