Jan 29, 2023
Degree Requirements: 124 Credit Hours
See Core Curriculum for required courses in Area A1 through Area E.
General Requirements (Core A - E) Credit Hours: 42
1 (See footnote below)
Additional Requirement Credit Hours: 4
Area F - Courses Appropriate to Major Credit Hours: 18
2,3 (See footnote below)
Major Requirements Credit Hours: 28
Allied Health and Graduate School Concentration Credit Hours: 32
The Allied Health and Graduate School Concentration will prepare students to apply for graduate programs in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Athletic Training, Physician’s Assistant, Medical School, or Kinesiology.
Select from the following courses, depending upon graduate school requirements, to add up to 32 hours.
To graduate with Honors in Exercise Science, a student must:
- be admitted to the Honors College
- successfully complete and present an Honors Thesis or Capstone Project
- be in good standing in the Honors College at the time of graduation
Program Progression Criteria
- Students must earn a minimum grade of “C” in all courses in Area F and within the major requirements, including guided major electives to progress in the Exercise Science major.
- Students must also earn a minimum grade of “C” in a prerequisite course prior to registering for an advanced course.
- If a student receives a grade of “D” or “F” in a course listed in Area F and/or within the major requirements, including guided major electives, the student can repeat said course no more than 2 times.
- Once in this concentration area, student must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA in all major courses and guided major electives.
- Students must show proof of CPR/AED certification prior to completing KINS 3452.
Note: Exercise Science Majors must complete Fundamentals to include:
Undergraduate Academic Advisement at Georgia Southern is provided to all degree-seeking undergraduate students by professional advisors. Academic Advisors are located on all three Georgia Southern University campuses. Students are required to meet with their assigned Academic Advisor at least once a semester. For more information visit Academic Advisement .